We Are Better Together
Presbyterians share a conviction that God's Spirit moves when we gather together, and that we make better decisions when we have chance to talk things through with other believers.
Neelsville is led by a group of elders who are nominated and elected by the congregation to exercise spiritual oversight of the congregation, along with the pastors. These elders are called "the Session," and spend much time in prayer and discernment as they seek God's leading for our community. The Session also leads in the various ministries, mission, and programs of our church.
Neelsville leaders make the following commitments:
1. Regular personal devotions in the Bible and prayer.
2. Faithful participation in corporate worship
3. Commitment to covenantal relationship for spiritual growth.
4. Tithe to God, prioritizing support of Neelsville.
5. Speak the truth in love to one another.
6. Share the Good News and publically demonstrate obedience to the Lord Jesus Christ.
7. Disciple, teach and discipline other Christians toward spiritual maturity.
8. Respond to the needs of unreached people, showing Christ's love and justice.
9. Be united in purpose.
10. Joyfully exercise our spiritual gifts and serve with energy, intelligence, imagination and love.
Click here for A Rule of Life for Elders
Early on the church's history (see Acts 6), Christians have been commissioned to care for the least, the last, and the lost. At Neelsville, our deacons lead us in our ministry of compassion and service. Each family in the church is cared for by a deacon, but the deacons also care for those in need in our community as well.
Each year the deacons care for the needs of our fellowship when people get sick, have to go to the hospital, need a shoulder to cry on or just an encouraging word. The deacons also help many in our community who find themselves in crisis situations: facing eviction, homeless or hungry.
God has blessed our church with wonderful facilities that we can use for his glory. The Trustees are the group of members elected to lead us in stewarding these resources so that God will be glorified in them for generations to come.
Senior Pastor: Peter Della Santina email@example.com
Associate Pastor: Andy Nagel firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Administrator: Tricia Bradford email@example.com
Chancel Choir Director: Jolene Baxter firstname.lastname@example.org
Organist: Michele Kelly email@example.com
Director of Contemporary Worship: Ryan Mowen firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer: Wendy Couillard email@example.com
Cemetery Coordinator: Tricia Bradford firstname.lastname@example.org